Monday, January 28, 2013

RuneDoku

I like logic puzzles. Not easy logic puzzles. Not super-tough logic puzzles. I like logic puzzles that require effort, but not a great amount of mental strain. So I play sudoku. But I play sudoku with runes instead of Arabic numerals.

I call it RuneDoku. Silly, I know, but it's not your ordinary sudoku. Here's a link to the PDF pictured above which gives the rules. If you want to play RuneDoku all the time, go to sourceforge.net and download HoDoKu. Then, if for some reason you haven't installed my NuRunish font yet, install it now and change HoDoKu's properties so it uses the font. Sorry, you will have to set the font size to 50 or 60.

The result looks like this.

This will help you learn the order of the first nine runes and also give a sense of numeric value for the runes.

No comments:

Post a Comment